Yes…Let’s Do It
Well Folks – We Have Pushed Ahead as Best We Can. But, we are short staff, so on SATURDAY we will ONLY be selling bread and goodies at FARMER’S MARKET. The store will be closed on Saturdays for the foreseeable future. Please Please pick up your yummies from the Farmer’s Market and send us some daytime help. Thank you.
Support the Helena Food Share during this time of great community need during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Helena Food Share Shelf is available for You to donate bread and dry mixes from our bakery any time during this continued outbreak. Just tell the staff that you’d like to add a loaf of your favorite bread or dry mix (pancake, cookie, groovy granola, 9-grain cereal) to your order for Helena Food Share, and we will set it aside on the Food Share Shelf.
As we promised, for every Honey Bunny purchased before Easter, We donated a loaf of Honey Whole Wheat to Helena Food Share. This turned out to be an extrodinary 42 loaves in one week. Way to go Helena!
We look forward to joining You and Helena Food Share in helping Families in Need.
- We will continue to operate as a grocery throughout the coronavirus outbreak and beyond.
- We have increased our already stringent daily cleaning and sanitizing to the CDC recommendations.
- Since March 17 we have continued to operate as a Take-out, Curb-side and Delivery Service. We added limited capacity dine-in service too on May 4, 2020. We have returned to full capacity dine-in as of May 2021.
- We have a new online ordering site accessible from our home page.
- We ask that you call ahead to place all orders 443-5623.
- We have returned to a full bread and sweet schedule. Please see our monthly schedules online and Please call (443-5623) in advance to discuss your order so that we might have everything ready to go for you. This will expedite the visit and ensure you know what we have to offer.
- Finally, we are returning to our traditional hours (reduced on April 15). As of July 1, 2020 our Hours will be 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm (Closed Sunday).
- Monday to Friday cold lunch is served all day; hot lunch until 2:00 pm. All lunch until 2:00 on Saturday. Remember limited capacity sit-down service.
So much Fun! Our 7th Annual Face Painting on Halloween afternoon from 3:00 to 5:30 was a Monster Mash! Actually, there were a lot of really cute puppies, kittens, frogs, and super heros. Everyone came for a sugar cookie treat with their smiling faces to start the fun off right! Thank you for making it so much fun!
The bran, germ, and endosperm work together to contribute vitamins, protein, minerals, and healthy fats that have been shown to decrease risk of coronary heart disease and provide protection against cancer diabetes and obesity.
Are you ready to go Whole-Grain?
Girls Thrive conquered Bake Day with the very popular Pop-A-Wheelie Wheat baked fresh to benefit the group. The fun filled day ended with 53 loaves sold and generous contributions to the change jar. Girls Thrive plans to put the funds towards scholarships, gear, and healthy snacks to boost the program.
We hope you were able to meet some of the group as they dished out tastes and introduced the goals of this Bake Day. If you wish to learn even more about the group check out http://www.girlsthrive.com/ or follow them on facebook (GirlsThriveMT).
Great Harvest Bread Co. Helena was able to collect close to $260.00 and 91 pounds of food during our Food Drive this January. We will add 10 pounds of fresh milled flour to that balance for Helena Food Share.
THANK YOU! We sincerely appreciate your help with these donations!
Here at Great Harvest Helena we use whole grains in many of our baked goods because we know they offer valuable nutritional benefits. Millet is one such whole grain found at the bakery in Dakota and High Five Fiber bread or Trek and Harvest Bars. Millet may be tiny, but it packs a powerful punch of nutrition and health benefits from heart protection to diabetes control to breast cancer and asthma prevention. Learn more about the benefits of eating millet at the website for The World’s Healthiest Foods.
Taste the delicious combination of craisins, chocolate chips, peanut butter and seeds in a Trek Bar. This nutritious bar is just the thing to sustain you on a short trek or a long adventure! Available every day.
The Bake Day Fundraiser on Thursday June 4, 2015 was a huge success Thanks to all who participated. The total raised included 58 loaves of Welcome Home Wheat and a huge amount of change in the jar. All proceeds were donated to Youth Homes of Helena!
Youth Homes was selected by visitors to the bakery during Vote Week May 11 – 16. Check out the mission and services of Youth Homes at http://www.youthhomesmt.org/.